Decoration and food presentation of the wedding buffet table is important as it can let the guests feel festive and happy. The layout of the wedding buffet table should aim at ease the guest flow from one end of table to another end of table without the need to u-turn back within the line.
1. Arrange the tables in a long straight line or L-shaped form based on your theme design or floor layout. Leave space behind the tables for attendants to prepare and refill the food, plates, cutlery and napkins, and also serve the food to the guests pass by.
2. Cover the wedding buffet table with clean tablecloths. If there is only one line for guests, the front side of the table should be cover until the table legs are totally unseen as it looks tidy and the guests won’t see the ugly table legs or mess under the tables. If there are two lines for guests, both side of the tablecloths should be hang low to fully cover the table legs. Iron the tablecloths if they are wrinkled.
3. Create the risers for the food, floral and other decorations. You can put empty box, woods, books, Styrofoam blocks or plastic crates on the table and cover them with table runners that match the table cloths and your wedding theme. Risers will give different height for the food and decorations and thus looks more attractive to the guests.
4. Put water fountain, fruit carving art, ice sculpture, beautiful fresh flowers, floral display or candles decorations as centerpiece in the center of the wedding buffet table. If the centerpiece is high enough, you don’t need to put riser under it.
5. At the starting point of the wedding buffet table, put the plates first, as it is the first thing that the guests need to take before picking up any food. Put the napkins and cutlery at the end of table for the guests to bring to their dining table. You can use a decorative tray or big plate or basket to display the cutlery and napkins. You can wrap the cutlery with napkins for the guests’ convenience.
6. Present the food in the order of appetizers, salads, main courses, fruits, dessert and drinks. Condiments should be placed near the main courses. For two lines approach, you can put two dishes of same food at each side of tables depend on the quantity of guests.
7. Wedding cake should be put in its own station table. If the area is big enough, you can group the dessert and fruits in one station table, the drinks in another station table (this is to avoid the drinks to accidentally spill over the food by someone).
8. Spread fresh flowers or petals or floating candle bowls or framed photos or any decorations over the open spaces on the table. Make sure they won’t block the guest access to the food. Make sure the flowers don’t have too strong smell as it may not mix well with the food smell. You may hang some balloons decorations above the table for more elegant look.
- Wedding Buffet Ideas: How to set up Wedding Buffet? Normally wedding buffet is launched during lunch or dinner time, so it is important to include great choice of foods so that your guests able to enjoy their favorite foods, else they might leave the reception early to go eat at other place. Step 1...
- Wedding buffet ideas: Candles presentation for buffet table Candle decoration without using water for buffet table: Use candle holders with different height or even different width to give more attractive visual treat on your wedding buffet. You can make use of riser covered with clothes. Candles can be placed in between platters and...
- DIY Wedding Buffet Wedding costs a lot of money. But there are some ways to cut down the costs, DIY wedding buffet is one of them. DIY wedding buffet is suitable for small and casual wedding. It incurs a lot of workloads on food preparation, services and cleanup,...
- Wedding Buffet Ideas: Using flowers for buffet table decorations There are many items that can be used to decorate the wedding buffet table, however flowers are the most popular choice. Flowers are beautiful in nature and they are great for creating elegant centrepieces for wedding buffet table decoration. Get attractive containers, bowls, vases or...